Maybe I have too much time on my hands. Maybe I have too much technology at my disposal. Maybe I ask too many stupid questions. Either way, in the down moments of life, there are things that cross my mind. Things I wonder about.
1. Why does everyone, even atheists, call on God in moments of true panic?
2. Why is doing the right thing (being responsible) always so hard, while giving into temptation (being lazy) is as easy as pie? In that same vein, why is spending money so much easier than saving it?
3. Why does vacation time fly by, while work weeks seem to drag on forever? An hour always has 60 minutes yet depending on where you are they seem to pass at vastly different speeds.
4. Why has there never been a child who appreciated being little, who wasn’t obsessed with “growing up”? And has there ever been an older person who didn’t regret rushing childhood?
5. Why does it surprise us when our children aren’t realistic in their expectations. We read them fairy tales and encourage them to believe in the Easter Bunny and other assorted traditions.
6. How do we know that no 2 snowflakes are alike? It’s really impossible to check, you know. Has anyone even tried?
7. Is learning from mistakes really that hard or are human beings just really slow learners?
Care to add any of your own. Not that we’ll get answers, mind you, but it will sure pass the time.